Modern Standards - P25
Project 25 is a series of standards being developed by the TIA TR-8 Committee, which is made up of customer representatives from federal, state, and local public safety organizations. The Project 25 standards are developed under the guidance of the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) whose standard formulating committees include manufacturer representatives. TIA standards are developed using open procedures that are required by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- To obtain maximum spectrum efficiency
- To purchase radios and other equipment from more than one vendor
- To allow effective inter-agency communications
- To migrate systems without replacing all of your equipment
Catalyst‘s scalable IP|Console™ provides Project 25 voice dispatch using three multi-vendor standards, all providing Unit ID & Emergency.
Console Sub-System Interface (CSSI)
- P25 Trunking Wireline Interface
- Provides Priority (Pre-Empt)
- Multiple Simultaneous Calls
Fixed Station Interface (FSI)
- P25 Conventional Wireline Interface
- Analog and Digital Calls
Common Air Interface (CAI)
- P25 Control Station Interface
- Multiple radio choices from several vendors
The features now available using P25 control stations vary by radio model. A few examples are:
- Remotely send radio voice via IP Network from Console to radio gateways
- Have remote Push-to-Talk (PTT) Control of radio attached to radio gateways
- Receive Unit ID of field radios talking to gateway radios
- Have remote direct access to 100’s of channels programmed into gateway radio
- Hear the channel grant message with remote PTT of gateway radio
- Receive end-of-call message from gateway radio
- Display selected channel id with text and/or graphics
- Display received channel ID with text and/or graphics
- Receive indication of a queued call on the network
- Display on screen when a transmitter is off-line
- Remotely select Zone or System
- Put the radio attached to the gateway into and out of scan mode
- Instigate a private call
- Patch a P25 radio channel to other radio systems like SmartNet/SmartZone, DMR and EDACS
Intelligent interfaces available for various radios that operate on P25 Conventional and P25 Trunked Radio systems. Contact Catalyst for more information.
All of these P25 products are currently available for purchase from Catalyst.
Above our Project 25 development efforts, Catalyst supports the efforts of Project 25 through our membership in the Project 25 Interest Group (PTIG).
More information about Project 25 can be obtained from the Association of Public safety Communications Officers (APCO).