IP|Console™ is an advanced full-featured Radio Control over IP (RCoIP) PRIMARY dispatch system designed to meet the stringent reliability requirements of Public Safety, Utility, and Government dispatch applications. IP|Console™ fully supports radio systems from most manufacturers and a multitude of radio system technologies such as Project 25 (P25), SMARTNET, EDACS, DMR, Verizon Wireless Push-To-Talk, NXDN, and Conventional. For P25, IP Console supports the Console Sub-System Interface (CSSI), the Fixed Station Interface (FSI), and various control stations using the Common Air Interface (CAI). For DMR, IP Console supports the Application Interface Specification (AIS) for Tier III systems and the RF interface using various control stations for Tier II systems.
Configurable User Interface
IP|Console features a fully customizable user interface to improve dispatcher efficiency and minimize operator errors. The system administrator can assign a Catalyst provided layout or design a custom console configuration—what the dispatcher sees and what functions are available on the console—on a by-user basis. Configurations can be stored on an Administration Server and accessed by console positions as required, meaning that any dispatcher can sit at any physical console and load their own assigned layouts.
Key features include a dedicated module for each gateway, a full featured call recording and playback module, a powerful stacked paging module, alert tone generation, priority marker, support for a select and as many as 3 unselect speakers, and integration with Catalyst’s advanced interoperability (IntelliLink) module.
Scalable and Reliable Architecture
IP|Console is a scalable solution that can be cost effectively configured for a small number of positions that usually support primary dispatch for a large city. The robust distributed IP based client-server architecture eliminates the need for a central switch thus no single point of failure exists. At the heart of the system is Catalyst’s advanced RCoIP gateway technology which performs a host of functions to meet the extreme information and reliability requirements for critical communications. Examples are the ability to decode and display critical messages such as unit ID and Emergency as well as the ability to intelligently buffer audio to ensure transmission occurs as soon as possible but with no lost audio. Catalyst Gateways may be mixed and matched in any combination to meet the requirements of centers that dispatch using multiple radio systems. For more information on the benefits of Catalyst’s system architecture, click here.
IP|Console™ and IntelliLink
IP|Console™ can be run in conjunction with IntelliLink interoperability application, giving dispatch and patching functionality to any dispatch position.
A Complete Solution
Catalyst backs up IP|Console with a full line of accessories including a headset/telephony control unit, headsets, microphones, speakers and foot switches. Catalyst prides itself in industry leading critical communications grade support services, including 24/7 tech support staff and professional installation and training services
- User layouts—configurable working environments created by an administrator for individual dispatchers that can contain exactly what each dispatcher requires.
- Select and Unselect audio—send audio from selected and unselected channels to up to 4 different speakers.
- Auxiliary Input/output Control with Custom Graphics and Audible Alarms (optional)
- Paging: Integrated software-based solution supports multiple formats, stacked and steered paging (optional).
- Group, Individual, and Simulselect transmission—transmit to a single radio or multiple selected systems at once.
- Call logging—logs all calls on all connected systems, with optional recording and playback of logged audio.
- Easy integration with Catalyst’s IntelliLink Interoperability software.
- Optional Administrative Server software allows layouts to be saved in a central location and loaded to any connected console.