Propulsion™ is a modern dispatch console system for small and medium size Public Safety, Utility, Education, and Transportation agencies. This graphics rich design can be customized to meet the preferences of each organization, as well as individual users, and is optimized for modern touch screen displays. Propulsion™ supports Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) via the wireline Application Interface Specfication (AIS) and the wireless air interface standard using control stations. This console also supports the Project 25 (P25) standard via the wireline Digital Fixed Station Interface (DFSI) and the wireless Common Air Interface using control stations. Propulsion™ also supports a variety of other radio protocols including SmartNet®, EDACS®, NXDN, LTR, Fleetsync™, and MDC 1200. The Propulsion™ solution can provide intelligent interoperability between these systems using advanced wireline and control station interfaces. Propulsion™ uses Catalyst’s industry leading Radio Control over IP (RCoIP) technology to extend the reach of your dispatch and interoperability solution while reducing the cost to connectivity.
Fully Customizable + Configurable UI
Propulsion™ incorporates modern graphics into a fully customizable user interface to improve dispatcher efficiency and minimize operator errors. The system administrator assigns a Catalyst-provided layout or creates a custom console configuration—what the dispatcher sees and what functions are available on the console—on a by-user basis. Multiple configurations can be stored on each console and accessed by each dispatcher as required.
• easy to learn dispatch functionality for current radio systems
• supports radio Unit ID with a centralized Alias Database, Emergency, a full featured call recording and playback module, and telephone interconnect
• SIP-based telephony or POTS lines can optionally be patched to radios using the Propulsion™ console
Interoperability and Patch Management
Propulsion™ offers a full slate of tools for managing communications with multiple channels and talk groups. Basic ad hoc patch and simulselect controls are standard. The system administrator can uniquely include preconfigured patches in each dispatcher’s layout, thereby precisely controlling which channels that dispatcher is allowed to link. Administrators can also include a Patch Status window allowing a supervisor to view and disable any patch on the network; this tool allows supervisors to quickly understand which dispatcher created the patch and immediately disable it if appropriate.
Choose the Package That Fits Your Needs
The Propulsion™ solution is available in a variety of packages designed for small to medium-sized public safety, utility, education and transportation agencies. Packages support four, eight, twelve or twenty-four Radio Interfaces with up to twelve dispatch positions. The robust distributed IP based client-server architecture eliminates the need for a central switch so that no single point of failure exists.
A Complete Solution
Catalyst backs up Propulsion™ with a full line of accessories including a headset/telephony control unit that allows the dispatcher to use a single headset for radio and telephone, headsets, microphones, speakers and foot switches. Catalyst prides itself in industry leading critical communications grade support services, including 24/7 technical support staff and professional installation and training services.
- User layouts—configurable working environments created by an administrator for individual dispatchers that provide access only to the appropriate channels and functions
- Select and Unselect audio—separate speakers for selected and unselected channels
- Auxiliary Input/Output relays for Door/Gate and other relay control with Custom Graphics and Audible Alarms (optional)
- Paging: Integrated software-based solution supports multiple formats for basic paging (optional).
- Footswitch and Headset Compatible.
- Group, Individual, and Simulselect transmission—transmit to a single radio, a group of radios or even groups of radios on different systems at once.
- DMR Subscriber Functions like Unit Enable/Disable, Monitor, and Alert.
- DMR Text Messages – both short messages and free-form
- Call logging—logs all calls on all connected systems, with optional recording and playback of logged audio. IP interface to leading logging recorders.
- Easy integration with Catalyst’s IntelliLink Interoperability software