Director / Vice President of Sales
Uphold Catalyst Values: Integrity, Quality, Innovation, & A Great Working Environment
The Opportunity at Catalyst Communications Technologies
The public safety communications marketplace is on the verge of major disruption. A new LTE based network called FirstNet™ is being developed that will transform how law enforcement, fire, EMS and other Critical Communicators (including utilities, education, transportation and other markets) communicate among themselves and with others during incidents. Catalyst Communications Technologies, a pioneer of Radio over IP technology, is positioned to become a leading supplier of communications solutions for this emerging market and is seeking a sales professional with experience in public safety communications to lead the next growth trajectory of our company.
This is a critical role at Catalyst and will be exciting and challenging for the right candidate. Join us and help change public safety communications.
- Manage all sales activities for sophisticated dispatch, interoperability, and incident command Critical Communications solutions. Be a hands-on contributor who also has the capability to manage people.
- Understand emerging customer needs and emerging technologies and collaborate with the engineering and operations teams to exceed customer expectations for capabilities, schedule, and cost
- Optimize the sales process and tactics. Establish a program for consistent prospecting within the US territory to ensure that Catalyst is in the mix to compete for all buying decisions
- Working with a team of direct reports and channel partners, advise and mentor these sales partners on their current deals, train partners on new Catalyst technology for emerging opportunities and where required, close business. Identify and develop new dealers, systems integrators, and other channels.
- Use technical experts at Catalyst and its partners to build customer-focused proposals for system solutions.
- Implement the strategies and business plans necessary to attain the net sales growth objectives. Meet or exceed assigned revenue quota for each quarter and the fiscal year
- As the revenues grow, build out a team of additional individuals who are also capable of closing business and have deep industry knowledge and connections.
- Weekly, insure our forecasting tool is accurate and current
- Attend and participate in a variety of industry sponsored conferences
- Ability to travel at least 50%-75%
This position reports to the President of Catalyst. Serve on the management team and as a primary interface between Sales, other company departments, and customers. Collaborate with other leaders inside and outside the company. Communicate status of projects throughout the organization. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of project on schedule and within budget; meet business-wide goals.
To be effective, you will need to have experience, knowledge, and capabilities in the following areas:
- At least five years’ experience in Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and the First Responder marketplace, demonstrate understanding of LMR distribution channels, customer purchasing processes, and funding.
- Two-way radio and other wireless communications systems standards, protocols, and techniques (high level knowledge) including P25, DMR, & LTE, other cellular systems.
- Internet Technology including the components of large, statewide networks.
- Demonstrated success managing sales personnel and internal projects.
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills including training channels.
- Catalyst provides leading edge products for the critical communications industry using Voice over IP technology. The company makes push-to-talk voice communications more accessible to people by creating, marketing, and supporting new solutions that enhance existing wireless communications systems. We focus on products that can leverage the personal computer platform to reduce cost and increase the efficiency of operators and end users.
- Catalyst currently has multiple Radio Control over IP products in the field. These innovations integrate personal computers, tablets, etc. with land mobile radio systems and other wireless devices and VoIP technology to provide radio interoperability, dispatch, incident command, and remote radio access while reducing connection costs.
- Catalyst is an innovative, fast moving company. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals that will thrive and grow in an environment that fosters entrepreneurship.
- Catalyst is physically headquartered in Forest, VA; this position may be based elsewhere, however significant time at Catalyst headquarters is required when you are not traveling for sales opportunities.
- Our Web site is catcomtec.com.
Send Resume to
Deborah Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org