March 14, 2013 1:49 pm
Written by stimulus
Catalyst Demonstrates IP|Console™ Release 6.0
New Dispatch and Interoperability Capabilities – IWCE, Las Vegas, NV
In its booth at the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) 2013 in Las Vegas, Catalyst Communications Technologies, Inc., displayed the newest capabilities for their flagship product, IP|Console™, now available in the latest version of its software, Release 6.0.
Catalyst is a recognized leader in Radio Control over IP solutions and solidified that position by demonstrating sophisticated control from the IP|Console™ Graphical User Interface (GUI) of various communications resources. Release 6.0 streamlines training, speeds operations, and reduces dispatching errors by allowing custom graphics and color-coding of controls. This new software version also supports a training mode and provides an enhanced Instant Call Recorder. Included in the demonstration were intelligent connections into the Project 25 Fixed Station Interface (FSI) and the Common Air Interface (CAI) as well as Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), MDC-1200 and a Verizon Wireless Push-To-Talk connection. A representative sample of one of the many configurations of the new GUI with Release 6.0 is shown below:
Release 6.00 software brings substantial enhancements to users of the IP|Console™ including:
- A new GUI offering which has
- Color coding of the radio resource modules, paging, and other “smart”
- Additional radio resources (talk group modules)
- Flexible background colors
- Visually refined modules
- Enhanced Instant Recall Recording Playback and Call History
- Multiple call playback allows dispatchers to replay complete
- conversations quickly
- Ability to locate playback inside Radio Resource Module
- Playback and Call History can be being located inside a tab
- A Console Training Option using Simulated Radio Gateways
- Fully functional controls
- Simulated audible and visual call traffic
- Supports custom GUI layouts accessible from the same centralized database used by live consoles
- Enhanced Digital Mobile Radio Support
- Unit ID with centralized alias database
- Subscriber Functions
- Text messaging
The DMR demonstration included both Harris Momentum™ and Motorola MOTOTRBO™ subscriber units. Catalyst’s IntelliLink™ technology was demonstrated to connect the disparate radio protocols in the booth.
Company president Robin Grier noted, “Release 6.0 of Catalyst’s IP|Console™ brings the power of incredible graphics to the dispatchers and offers great value for a software solution operating on commercial off the shelf products.” Catalyst’s IP|Console with Release 6.0 is available for immediate order from the company and through its dealer network.
About Catalyst Communications Technologies, Inc.
Catalyst markets Radio Control over IP technology for the Critical Communications Industry and is a force for change in the effort to bring Internet-derived technologies into mobile radio applications. Catalyst focuses on products that leverage standard Windows®-based computers to reduce cost and increase the efficiency of network operators and end users. Catalyst’s extensive product line significantly enhances modern and legacy dispatch communications systems by seamlessly bridging wireless and wireline communications networks for network-based interoperability.
IP|Console™ and IntelliLink™ are trademarks of Catalyst Communications Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Contact Catalyst at firstname.lastname@example.org or (434) 582-6146 for additional information.
For editorial information, please contact:
Catalyst Communications Technologies, Inc.
(434) 582-6163 or email@example.com