Join our entrepreneurial team to create, sell, and implement cutting edge technologies for Critical Communications agencies using Internet Protocol, LTE, Project 25, DMR, SIP, and other standards. Work cross-functionally within Catalyst and with customers and partners to provide innovative solutions to emerging market needs. Uphold the Catalyst values: Integrity, Quality, Innovation, & A Great Working Environment.
- Complete a variety of tasks, including software testing, computer setup and configuration, project documentation development, installation program development, network administration, computer software maintenance and hardware/software purchasing. Job also requires proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Provide customer support via telephone, email and on-site (in some cases multiple days out of state or out of country) for Catalyst products, customer network configuration, and PC configuration. Provide after-hours telephone, email, and Internet-based support of customers as needed.
- Comprehensively test Catalyst products so that no major bugs are found in the field. Exercise new products and features; conduct regression tests of new product releases.
- Maintain communications skills and product knowledge adequate for providing technical support to Catalyst customers and sales staff. Demonstrate Catalyst products at trade shows, Catalyst facilities, and other locations.
- Write well structured, non-redundant user documentation for Catalyst products and processes.
- Configure subscriber devices using on-line tools, PC programming software, etc. and maintain a test lab. Build simple cables. Assemble hardware modules. Surface mount and through hole soldering required.
- Configure network devices for complex internal and customer configurations.
- Methodically diagnose and repair computer software issues utilizing web resources, software updates, diagnostic programs and overall knowledge of computer operation.
- Provide customer and trade show support in the field including installation and trouble-shooting of Catalyst products, customer network configuration, PC configuration, and training.
- All other tasks as assigned by your manager.
- Associates degree in electronics or computer science.
- Passion to make a difference in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience performing all tasks listed above.
- Ability to successfully complete multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to develop a thorough understanding of Catalyst products, computer hardware, the Windows operating system, and complex networks.
- Understanding of complex wireless systems including LTE, Project 25, Digital Mobile Radio (DMR), EDACS, SmartNet/SmartZone.
- Excellent problem-solving skills for both technical and business issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to motivate peers, customers, and suppliers.
- Experience creating help files and manuals.
- Experience providing customer support of computer hardware and software. Ability to understand customer issues and communicate solutions.
- Network administration experience (Windows Servers).
- Must have a desire to understand and learn about appropriate aspects of computers, computer networks, and wireless communication systems.
- Ability to read basic schematics
- Ability to travel independently for extended periods including by air, by driving long distances, renting a car, etc.
- Must be able to work without supervision, independently determine the needs within your area of responsibility, and keep others appropriately informed on the issues and your progress.
- Catalyst provides leading edge products for the critical communications industry using Voice over IP technology. The company makes critical voice communications more accessible to people by creating, marketing, and supporting new technologies that enhance existing wireless communications systems. We focus on products that can leverage the personal computer platform to reduce cost and increase the efficiency of network operators and end users.
- Catalyst has led the Radio Control over IP market since 1997 and continues to introduce innovative new products and services while leveraging creative marketing and implementation methods. Our product innovations integrate personal computers and other modern devices with land mobile radios and VoIP technology to provide radio interoperability, dispatch, and incident command while reducing connection, training, and maintenance costs.
- Catalyst is an energetic, innovative company providing mission critical solutions to Public Safety, Utilities, Federal, Education, and other agencies. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals that will thrive and grow in an environment that fosters entrepreneurship, teamwork and the development of each member of our staff.
- Catalyst is headquartered in Forest, VA. Our Web site is catcomtec.com.
Send Resume To: