Software and Systems Engineer (JN0421)
Catalyst Communications is seeking an experienced, highly motivated software developer who enjoys design, development, and problem solving in a friendly, but technically challenging environment.
Join our entrepreneurial team to create, implement, and deploy cutting edge technologies for Critical Communications agencies. You’ll work cross-functionally with Catalyst engineers and technicians to create and support innovative solutions for emerging market needs. You’ll uphold the Catalyst values of: Integrity, Quality, Innovation, & A Positive Working Environment.
- Catalyst team members use their skills and experience in digital voice, computer networking, communication systems and user interfaces to build, maintain, and deploy products that are used by public safety, utilities, federal agencies and others for mission-critical applications.
- Work collaboratively with other team members to develop world-class software products that are used to build distributed communication systems that integrate diverse wireless communications systems to make them function as a single unified solution.
- Create engineering tools, diagnostics, and analytics that enhance performance and facilitate rapid support and maintenance.
- Provide remote support for company products and customer networks when issues are escalated by Catalyst technicians.
- This position is based in Forest, VA. Occasional travel may be required.
- Catalyst provides a flexible working environment that enables individual growth and provides a family-friendly support structure. The Forest community provides a high quality of life and low cost of living with great schools, beautiful scenery, and low traffic.
- Catalyst offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, a matching retirement plan, and time off.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 7 years software development experience using C++ object-oriented programming for Windows
- Experience with developing software for real-time, mission-critical applications in a networked environment
- Effective collaboration skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to manage and multitask complex assignments
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with SVN or similar concurrent development environments
- Network programming experience: SIP/RTP, Windows Sockets and TCP/IP
- Experience with voice codecs, AES or other encryption algorithms
- Experience with STL, C++ templates
- Experience with distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Experience with wireless communications: land mobile radio, trunking, or cellular
- Experience with hardware requirements, design, development and testing
- Solid knowledge of PCs (both software and hardware), routers, & other network components
- Experience with development in a Unix or other embedded environment
- Experience with app development in Android or IOS environments
- Catalyst provides leading edge products for the critical communications industry. Beginning in 1997 as one of the earliest pioneers applying Voice over IP technology to radio systems, Catalyst flourished in this new market with innovative new products while leveraging creative marketing and implementation methods. Today, our advanced software products integrate land mobile radio, LTE, and digital voice technologies to provide interworking, dispatch, and incident command while reducing connection, training, and maintenance costs.
- As an energetic and growing company providing mission critical solutions to Public Safety, Utilities, and others, we are searching for highly motivated and talented individuals that will thrive and grow in an environment that fosters entrepreneurship, teamwork and excellence.
- Catalyst is headquartered in Forest, VA. Our Web site is catcomtec.com.
Send Resume to