Solutions Engineer (JN0511)
Help critical communications agencies understand state-of-the art solutions and work across internal departments to design and propose. Join our entrepreneurial team as we serve public safety, critical infrastructure, federal, and other critical communications agencies. Provide systems engineering support for a variety of applications including voice dispatch, interoperability, and incident command. Uphold the Catalyst values: Integrity, Quality, Innovation, & A Great Working Environment.
- Serve as the primary technical resource for the sales team.
- Support growing sales of various Radio over Internet Protocol (RoIP)-based solutions and services for Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and broadband wireless including Long Term Evolution (LTE). Research implementation issues, and create system designs based on Catalyst products; create drawings, equipment lists, quotes, and statements of work for projects. Create point-by-point responses to RFPs and write implementation and other customer specific sections of proposals. Create and deliver sales presentations at customer location, trade shows, via the Internet, etc. Identify and evaluate local installation partners and product vendors to support the projects. Perform engineering & business analysis to determine the best vendor and model for unique third party products. Must travel to customer, distributor & service shop locations, trade shows, technical meetings, and other locations regularly. Communicate status of projects using assigned tools as directed. The successful candidate will also:
- Support other inside and channel sales people during telephone, webinar, and face-to-face interactions as required.
- Serve as lead sales account manager for assigned projects.
- Perform a variety of other sales tasks including lead follow-ups, qualifications, development and maintenance of contract vehicles, and training.
- Product Marketing. Collaborate with others in the conception and business plans for new products and features. Identify partners when appropriate to provide complementary products and engineering development or productization or manufacturing as appropriate. Manage these organizations in their roles.
- Support marketing programs. Provide technically-oriented content for brochures, specification sheets, product descriptions, Powerpoint presentations, magazine articles, videos, etc. Lead development of these items as assigned by the VP of Sales & Marketing.
- Research competitive solutions for both functionality and price. Create documents for internal use, for dealers, and for proposals that summarize Catalyst strengths and weaknesses vs. competitors. Provide accurate estimated prices for competitor solutions for Catalyst sales opportunities as needed.
- Working with the Operations Manager, enhance and expand the Catalyst Solutions Maintenance program. Create customer documentation to describe new features and communicate them to customers. Communicate these features & benefits to sales team, dealers, and customers. Provide “hands-on” engineering and other technical functions that include product and system-level commissioning, testing, training and troubleshooting for Catalyst’s suite of communications technologies and related products including LMR and IT networks. Identify, qualify, train, and coordinate service shops.
- Working with others across the business, update processes for various business functions including development, procurement, manufacturing, installation, and service.
- This position is based in Forest, VA. Sales and installation activities will primarily be in North America; some travel outside of North America will be required. Long term this position will have responsibilities in international sales.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Strong desire to work in and grow an entrepreneurial business.
- Demonstrated experience performing the tasks listed above.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and other communications skills required.
- BS Engineering or similar field required.
- Three years’ experience supporting sales or customer installations. Prefer experience designing, selling, installing, and maintaining customer projects in Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and Enterprise Networks.
- Candidate should have a strong background in LMR systems engineering or computer networking technologies.
- Broad technical experience in at least four of the following areas:
- Land mobile radio systems integration and testing including RF
- Internet Technology including the components of large, statewide networks. Network administration experience beneficial.
- Microsoft software operating systems, products, and networking
- Two-way radio and other wireless communications systems standards, protocols, and techniques including P25, DMR, EDACS, SmartNet, etc.
- Cellular Systems including LTE
- VoIP standards, protocols, and techniques
- Strong team skills.
Catalyst provides leading edge products for the critical communications industry using Voice over IP technology. The company makes critical voice communications more accessible to people by creating, marketing, and supporting new technologies that enhance existing wireless communications systems. We focus on products that can leverage the personal computer platform to reduce cost and increase the efficiency of network operators and end users.
Catalyst has led the Radio Control over IP market since 1997 and continues to introduce innovative new products and services while leveraging creative marketing and implementation methods. Our product innovations integrate personal computers and other modern devices with land mobile radios and VoIP technology to provide radio interoperability, dispatch, and incident command while reducing connection, training, and maintenance costs.
Catalyst is an energetic, innovative company providing mission critical solutions to Public Safety, Utilities, Federal, Education, and other agencies. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals that will thrive and grow in an environment that fosters entrepreneurship, teamwork and the development of each member of our staff. Catalyst is headquartered in Forest, VA.
Send Resume to: