Uphold Catalyst Values: Integrity, Quality, Innovation, & A Great Working Environment
The Opportunity at Catalyst Communications Technologies
The public safety communications marketplace is on the verge of major disruption. A new LTE based network called FirstNet™ is being developed that will transform how law enforcement, fire, EMS and other Critical Communicators (including utilities, education, transportation and other markets) communicate among themselves and with others during incidents. Catalyst Communications Technologies, a pioneer of Radio over IP technology, is positioned to become a leading supplier of communications solutions for this emerging market and is seeking a professional with experience in critical communications to lead the next growth trajectory of our company.
This is a critical role at Catalyst and will be exciting and challenging for the right candidate. Join us and help change public safety communications.
- Develop Strategic Plans and collaborate with the rest of the management team to fine tune and implement them in the following areas:
- Identify and justify target markets (PS, government, utility, transportation, etc.), target channels (carriers, MCX vendors, LMR manufacturers, etc.)
- Develop and justify pricing models for multiple approaches, packages, and components
- Develop and justify scenarios for customer migration to MCPTT, streamlined work flows, and other value-added changes that Catalyst can facilitate for customers
- Identify and justify target relationships and possible integration with related platforms and products such as CAD and synergies with NG911
- Broadband including MCPTT and other PTT over Cellular approaches
- Related platforms: recording, telephony, CAD, call taking, etc.
- MC Video, MC Data
- Other applications for LMR and Catalyst’s legacy products: target markets, product strategy, pricing, etc.
- Negotiate business relationship with carriers, MCX providers, LMR manufacturers, etc.
- Stay current on changes in the Industry and technology; keep the rest of the management team appraised
- Serve as the primary point of contact and Catalyst representative to several of the above partners. Leverage existing relationships with LMR dealers to enhance Catalyst’s business activities.
- Intellectual Property
- Assess short comings in current Catalyst protection
- Recommend next two patent applications
- Lead at least one patent application
- Make recommendations for trademarks, trade secrets, etc.
- Consult on marketing strategy, messages, platforms, etc.
- Grow a team to multiply your efforts in all of the above and support significant growth in revenue, customers, products, profits, etc.
- Serve as a senior spokesman for Catalyst regarding position, technology, partnerships, roadmaps, etc. at Trade Shows, with media,
- Provide Mentoring to various Catalyst employees including critical communications, technology, industry relationships, etc.
To be effective, you will need to have experience, knowledge, and capabilities in the following areas:
- Passion to make a difference in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrated experience performing all tasks listed above.
- Ability to successfully complete multiple simultaneous projects.
- At least twenty years’ experience in business development, managing development projects, and related business functions including at least five in Land Mobile Radio (LMR) and the Critical Communications marketplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of LMR and other Critical Communications customers, cellular carriers, and best related practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or a related field
- MBA desired
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills.
- Willing and able to travel significantly domestically and internationally.
US Citizenship is required
Catalyst is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Catalyst provides leading edge products for the critical communications industry using Voice over IP technology. The company makes push-to-talk voice communications more accessible to people by creating, marketing, and supporting new solutions that enhance existing wireless communications systems. We focus on products that can leverage the personal computer platform to reduce cost and increase the efficiency of operators and end users.
- Catalyst currently has multiple Radio Control over IP products in the field. These innovations integrate personal computers, tablets, etc. with land mobile radio systems and other wireless devices and VoIP technology to provide radio interoperability, Interworking, dispatch, incident command, and remote radio access while reducing connection costs.
- Catalyst is an innovative, fast moving company. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals that will thrive and grow in an environment that fosters entrepreneurship.
- Catalyst is physically headquartered in Forest, VA.
- Our Web site is www.catcomtec.com.
Send Resume To: